Reedville Presbyterian Church
Job Description – Administrative Assistant
Title: Administrative Assistant
Commitment: 20 hours per week (4 hours per day; 9 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Monday through Friday).
Compensation: $17-19 per hour depending on experience.
Purpose: To provide secretarial and administrative services in support of the staff and congregation of Reedville Presbyterian Church.
Accountability: This position is accountable to the Pastor and the Session through the Personnel Committee of the Session.
Qualifications: A successful candidate will have exceptional communication skills, proficiency in MS Office, and good critical thinking skills. They will be resourceful and skilled at multitasking, organization, and time management.
Represent Reedville as a first point of contact with the public
● Serve as office receptionist, greeting people and answering the phone; provide information and answer questions as possible and refer to others, as necessary.
Produce materials for worship services
● Coordinate with the Pastor to create the Order of Worship and supporting materials; verify accuracy of printed references; print and assemble bulletins with applicable inserts; upload digital version for online worshipers.
● Create an expanded leader version of the Order of Worship for the Pastor and liturgist.
Serve as Building Use Coordinator
● Interface with groups interested in using our building; share fee structure; take care of short-term contracts and refer requests for longer ones as appropriate.
Support pastor, staff, and volunteer leaders
● Perform general tasks for the pastor and as requested for other staff and leaders.
Maintain master calendar
● Maintain record of ongoing church meetings as well as scheduling and coordinating special events and the use of the facility by outside groups.
● Manage Sign Up Genius account for both ongoing sign-ups and special projects.
Collaborate with Session members to ensure Reedville registers and records are kept current
● Maintain up-to-date membership database and mailing list; periodically update and distribute print version of the directory.
Oversee office function
● Assure proper maintenance and records of office equipment; maintain inventory of church office supplies and order when needed; maintain the cleanliness and organization of the church office and workrooms.
Facilitate communication of church information with congregation and public
● Assemble and disseminate weekly newsletter with information on church events and happenings, update website and social media with information about upcoming worship services and other events.
● Work with pastor, staff, and volunteer leaders to produce the annual report and other correspondence.
Other duties as assigned
Relationships: The Administrative Assistant is accountable to the Pastor and collaborates with the Pastor and other paid staff, and church volunteer leaders in the performance of administrative duties. The Administrative Assistant is subject to the oversight and direction of the Pastor and Personnel Committee.
Evaluation: A Probationary Performance Review will take place three to six months after the start date. An Annual Review will take place in the Fall each year. The Personnel Chair will ordinarily give reviews. Input into the review will be sought from the pastor, session members, and the employee.
Resumes may be sent to:
Reedville Presbyterian Church
2785 SW 209th St., Aloha, OR 97003
Email: [email protected]